Tax Refund Netherlands

Foreign Dutch tax payers who have worked for a short period of time in the Netherlands may be eligible for a tax refund. If you were never officially registered as domiciled in the Netherlands and your employer deducted Dutch income tax from your salary, then this might apply to you. However, you must have a social security number in the Netherlands (called Burger Service Nummer = BSN). There are a lot of tax treaties among different countries and the Netherlands, so then chances of you having to pay your full amount of taxes for both countries is very small. Both countries could demand to be informed about your total global income. In case your situation is different and you have immigrated to the Netherlands please read the page about the m-form.

This refund service is also applicable for people who have lived and worked the in the Netherlands for the last 12 months.

tax refund

In some cases, spouses of expats who have never worked in the Netherlands for a certain year, and also didn’t work in the fiscal year may be eligible to receive up to seven years of money back.

If you provide us with your “jaaropgave” (the year-end salary slip), we can inform if you’re eligible for a tax return within two days. Use this form to contact us.

× How can I help you?